Have you ever noticed faces in ordinary items? It happens all the time. We are all accustomed to seeing people almost everywhere we turn. We can look in either direction and see a face. Whether this is friendly or not, the fact remains that humans are extremely adept at recognizing and identifying someone who is looking at us, and we can do so with ease.
Face pareidolia, the illusion that a facial structure can be seen in an ordinary item, reveals a lot about how our brains pick up on and understand social cues, according to Dr. Jessica Taubert of UQ’s School of Psychology. Despite the fact that being duped by someone or something is unpleasant, seeing faces in everyday objects is both interesting and amusing. We’ll show you some images of objects with clearly visible faces down below. Scroll down to see how funny they are.
1. A cheerful postface
2. These cyclops-shaped wine glasses
3. My pants on Monday morning
5. Elevator man, key card and soul eater
6. This coat hanger appears to be an alien in search of a hug.
7. Hello, my name is Pot.
8. Every day, I run past this broccoli tree.
9. This cactus resembles a turtle attempting to fly away!