This article has 30 images of enormous objects that are a huge no-no for persons who have megalophobia. If you’re not familiar with the word “Megalophobia,” sometimes known as “macrophobia,” it refers to a fear of big things. You’ve obviously never been to the Megalophobia online community or subreddit if you believe it’s no big deal.
Consider big things like enormous animals, skyscrapers, undersea buildings, and even statues. Consider how much larger they would appear now. You could also exhibit some megalophobic characteristics if just thinking about it makes the hair on your arm rise up.
Your fear of enormous items will be put to the test by this subreddit called r/Megalophobia since it has an incredible collection. With 340k loyal members nodding in agreement, their description reads, “A place to upload photographs of all things enormous, particularly ones that are “triggers” for persons with megalophobia.”
Enjoy these pictures by scrolling down. Every image has a link that takes you to the place where it was taken. Please feel free to peruse these photographers’ personal websites or collections for additional works.
1. This Underwater “Waterfall” Is Giving Me Anxiety
2. The Kelpies, Scotland, During Thunderstorm
3. It Was Foggy In My Town The Other Day And I Captured This Terrifying Scene
4. Astronaut Bruce Mccandless II Floats Untethered Away From The Safety Of The Space Shuttle, With Nothing But His Manned Maneuvering Unit Keeping Him Alive. The First Person In History To Do So
5. Redwood Trees
6. This Is Just One Picture
7. Mt Fuji As Seen From A Nearby Town
8. A Full-Sized School Bus Next To Haul Trucks
9. A Bridge In Vietnam
10. Whale Spine
12. That Small Dot Is Mercury In Front Of Sun. Definitely Unsettling
13. Iceberg Passing A House In Greenland
14. This One Is Very Unsettling
15. Anyone Going On Vacation To Japan Soon? Want To Visit The Godzilla Museum?
16. It Is The Tallest Statue Of Nyoirin Kannon In The World, And The Tallest Statue Of A Goddess In Japan
17. This Is How Big Anchor Chains Are. It Makes Sense But Dang
18. This Saltwater Crocodile
19. Trees Occasionally Beach Themselves In The Search For Food
20. Always Forget How Massive These Supercarriers That America Builds Actually Are
21. Visually, Japanese Spider Crabs Really Are The Stuff Of Nightmares
22. Italian Sculptor Lorenzo Quinn’s Massive New Sculpture
23. A Waterspout In Florida
24. The Size Of This Tornado Compared To The Wind Turbines
25. Sequoia In A Coniferous Forest
26. Lochaber, Scotland 2021 By Mhg Photography
27. Mola Mola: The World’s Largest Bony Fish
28. Saturn Rising Behind The Moon
29. The Dragon’s Eye Stone Mine In The UK
30. King Albert’s Tower. Person At The Base For Scale