Some people believe that the elderly live boring lives, playing bingo all the time, but this couldn’t be further from the truth. Bored Panda has compiled a list of some of the funniest times grandparents surprised everyone around them in order to dispel negative stereotypes about senior citizens.
From making a homemade butter dish to providing materials for the birds’ nests, these unforgettable moments show that grey-haired people are capable of much more than sitting around all day looking for their glasses. Scroll down to see how interesting your life would be if you visited your grandparents more often, and then vote for your favorite photos!
1. Neighbors claim that since this grandmother began using her hair dryer, the speeding problem on their street has been solved.
2. Grandma is the second highest level of ATM security.
3. Since it was my grandmother’s 69th birthday, I thought you might like the cake she made.
4. Grandma draped a magazine cutout of Leonardo DiCaprio over the face of her late (not-so-nice) husband. Photoshop for People Over the Age of 80
5. On the pier, my grandmother was bitten by a pelican and then began to scold it.
6. Discovered On Grandma’s Camera Following A New Year’s Cruise
7. My Grandparents Were At The Mall Waiting For Each Other
8. This was posted on Facebook by my grandmother this morning.
9. My friend had a medieval-themed wedding, and her grandfather arrived in this manner.
10. Grandma Prankster
11. My friend shared a photo of her grandparents on Thanksgiving, and it clearly needed more exposure. Happy Birthday to Being This Cool When I’m Old!
12. I forgot my pajamas at home, but my grandmother said she had something I could wear, so she brought me this.
13. Grandmother’s Butter Dish
14. I’m Going To Hell, But She Looks Like Tweety’s Grandmother, Right?
15. My Friend’s Grandmother Reacted to Her Status
16. Today, my best friend’s 83-year-old grandmother created a Facebook profile. This is her profile image.
17. Purchasing a camera phone for my grandmother was the best decision I ever made. The Cat Could Be Wrong
18. When I got home from work, I discovered that Grandma had repaired my distressed jeans. Lol, I can’t stop laughing.
19. My grandmother attaches cat hair to trees so that birds can build luxurious nests. So Damn Considerate
20. My Husband’s Grandmother The Similarity Is Uncanny
21. My Grandpa Had A Wonderful Sense Of Humor
22. My Grandma believes this is her final year, so we took this photo at Christmas dinner (We Are Not Religious)
23. My Alzheimer’s-affected grandmother attended my wedding. “Where is the body?” she inquired.
24. (My Grandpa’s Costume) Princess Leia and R2D2.
25. Grandpa Refuses To Attend Painting Class
26. In this Memo Book, my grandfather keeps a detailed record of all maintenance on his car. This Was His Last Post:
27. My Italian grandmother arrived in town. This is her luggage.
28. My grandmother knit a sombrero for my hamster.
29. My grandmother has had this “decorative rock” on her table for the past eight years. I Can’t Bring Myself To Tell Her
30. My grandmother mistook this for a cross and hung it. I chose not to correct her.
31. This is my favorite photo of my grandfather. And technically, my grandmother as well.
32. When Grandpa Found Facebook
33. When My Grandma Died I Found This In Her Room, I Laughed So Hard And I Made Me Much More Happy
34. I Ordered A Wonder Woman Costume Online. It Was A Little Big For Me When It Arrived And My Grandmother Said She Wanted To Try It On. This Is The Fabulous Result
35. So This Is What Happens When Grandma Watches My Son And She Has An Abundance Of Wigs Lying Around From Her Cancer Treatments
36. Found This Hidden Behind Some Jars In My Widowed, 86-Years-Old Grandma’s Kitchen. I Guess We All Have Our Dirty Little Secrets
37. Grandma Tried To Record The Halftime Show
38. Three Broken Ribs Yet Grandma Still Knows How To Keep Her Spirits Up During Hard Times
39. My grandfather used to boast about all of the pool parties he attended at a friend’s backyard pool. I recently discovered an old photograph that revealed this was the pool.
40. Grandma Taking in a Baseball Game
41. My Grandma Is Moving And Has Spent Over 30 Hours Creating A Scaled Model Of Her New Room And Furniture (Accurate To The Inch). The actual move took a tenth of that time.
42. I discovered Batman glasses and forgot I had left them in my grandfather’s car. He sent me this photo.
43. My Grandfather and His Friends Have Recently Purchased iPhones
44. Grandma Level: 50
45. I went to see my grandparents yesterday.
46. Strangest Party I’ve Ever Been To Grandma, happy 80th birthday!
47. My SO’s Grandmother Doesn’t Appreciate Swear Words in Books
48. Troll Level : Grandpa
49. Grandpa Eugene had professional photographs of himself taken for his Christmas cards.